Skip to main content

Featured

Cheltenham 2021 - Review

The week belongs to Henry De Bromhead, Rachael Blackmore and Jack Kennedy. Minella Indo won the Gold Cup having lost the RSA on the line this time last year. Everyone loves a comeback story and this is one because following that defeat there was a fall at Leopardstown at Christmas and a very ordinary run in February. I thought he was very overrated and even though he fit the age range  (the last 3 winners of the race were 7 or 8 years old), I over looked him for Al Boum Photo. Funnily enough it had the feel of when Al Boum Photo won in 2019 because there wasn't a lot of talk about him. I still expected him to be beaten even when he flew the last but A Plus Tard couldn't run him down. He proved me and the doubters wrong today by adding the top prize in National Hunt racing to that narrow second last year and the Albert Bartlett two years ago. What a Cheltenham record! Fantastic for Jack Kennedy as well. He's had some week too - Black Tears beating the hot favourite Concertis

ITV Racing - Saturday 6th Feb Review

Eventually got round to writing this after a long weekend of racing and sport in general. After a hard week of work, going through 10 races for several hours Friday night and all of Saturday morning for little or no gain was as much I could take so I'll take a break now until Cheltenham. Today, I wrote a more detailed analysis of the racing but my laptop crashed and I lost it. I can't be bothered writing it again. I will mention poor Stay Humble who had me on my feet before the last in the Edinburgh National as he looked like he'd come a very tired second at least in the 4 mile marathon only to fall at the final fence and unfortunately lose his life. A tough day of punting put into perspective. 

This method has achieved 14 winners and 19 placed in 70 races. It's one way of trying to pick winners or perhaps part of a way if you've a lot of time. I was up about 7 quid overall before Saturday but ended up 2 quid down after a fairly disastrous day. Lake View Lad is an example of everything that is wrong with this method as he finished 80 lengths behind a former Gold Cup winner despite ticking the most boxes. Someone on The Guardian worked out exactly why Moonlighter would beat Dolos and it came to pass but then again you see people on there give detailed and excellent reasons why a horse will win only for it not to. Horses are living beings ridden by humans, anything can happen. Certain horses should win like Chacun Pour Soi and Honeysuckle did but Ask Me Early at 5/4 couldn't find a performance to match the price.

I used adapted this method for another 6 televised races on Sunday with better luck. Wins for Monkfish, Appreciate It (Ballyadam ticked more boxes but knowledge told me there was a better horse in the race) and Kemboy, places for Global Equity and Koshira got me back in the black and hopefully bodes well for Cheltenham next month.


1.15 Sandown - Dolos

1.50 Sandown - Messire Des Obeaux

2.20 Sandown - Lake View Lad

2.55 Sandown - Do It For The Village

3.30 Sandown - Ask Me Early

1.15 Leopardstown - Chacun Pour Soi

2.05 Musselburgh - Blakeney Point

3.15 Leopardstown - Honeysuckle

3.45 Musselburgh - Stay Humble



Comments

Popular Posts